If you have an abundance of tomatoes, this is an easy, rich, tasty way to consume them.
Summer Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 c. white wine
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- Tomatoes – as many as you can peel and fit in your pan.
- 2 cloves garlic
- Saute the onions until they are just starting to brown.
- Add the white wine and reduce completely
- Before the wine is completely gone, add the zucchini
- Once the zucchini is softened, add the tomatoes
- Salt the tomatoes
- Add the minced garlic
- Let this bubble away until it’s no longer watery (may take a while)
- Puree in the food processor (a batch at a time if needed)